Sign in to follow this  

Quick CRF80 ?

I don't have the carb in front of me, and am helping a co-worker with what jets to order. It's a 2005 CRF80 that's bone stock.

Stock jetting is 35 Pilot??? 95 Main???

I looked at Jetsrus and see the smallest they offer in pilot is a 38, would upping to a 38 be the way to go?

What about main jet on a stock bike? Go one up?

Thanks!

According to HERE, the stock jetting is, as you said, #95 main and #35 pilot.

What is the reason for wanting to change jets on a bone-stock bike? You have an air screw to adjust and fine tune, and also a five-notch jet needle to adjust and fine tune. You would only need to change jets if you've run out of tuning options with the air screw and jet needle.

According to HERE, the stock jetting is, as you said, #95 main and #35 pilot.

What is the reason for wanting to change jets on a bone-stock bike? You have an air screw to adjust and fine tune, and also a five-notch jet needle to adjust and fine tune. You would only need to change jets if you've run out of tuning options with the air screw and jet needle.

Thanks!

According to him it's always been a hard starter. I was assuming that it came lean like the 100. Is that assumption incorrect?

Well, it's probably a matter of who you heard it from. I've always been under the assumption that the bikes were jetted on the rich side to prevent seizing it up due to overheating/lean condition. My guess concerning that logic and reasoning was that it's cheaper for the Dealer to replace your fouled spark plug than to replace a complete top end that's been fried, especially on a brand new bike.

I'd double-check valve clearances, that can make for hard starting, as well.