Sign in to follow this  

Colorado Denver endurocross

I am not sure if or how they might be promoting it, but the Endurocross series is coming this weekend to Denver at the National Western Complex. No, I am not a promoter of the series, just a fan. I went to the X games, then competed in and watched the Ontario round, and I can say there is no better spectator sport. I think tickets are around $30. I've spent way more than that on a single mom swinging around a brass pole and not been as entertained.

I will be flying in Friday to try again to make the night show. If you like riding/racing, this is definately a great way to spend a Saturday. If you have a bike, sign up, it is awesome to try.

http://www.endurocross.com/

I agree, it's a great show and mostly more entertaining races than SX.

I hope Denver can keep this one.

I competed in the Vet class at this years EX. The turnout for Vet riders was a little slim, but the overall turnout of riders was great and the stands were almost full for the night show.

If any of you have ever thought of riding this event, go for it. This year was my first attempt and it was a total blast. There were actually lots of racers out there for their first time and I think most all would agree that it was a lot of fun. I've only ridden for 5 years and the guy pitted next to me had only ridden for 3 years, so you don't need to be an expert. Just a competent technical rider with the skills to ride over an 18" diameter log, pop your front wheel up onto a rock, and look ahead.

The best way to insure this events future here in Denver will be to participate in it. With more riders will come more fans and the whole event then makes money and keeps going.

Glad you had fun with it. I had a blast, just an awesome time all day Saturday. Fought and battled and I made the main in the Open Ammie class with all the kids. Finished last in the night show, but was smiling the whole time. Man, I am sure sore today. I can't wait until next year when I am in the Vet class. I am going to kill myself trying to keep up with the young studs!

I couldn't have done it without some help from Jake Argubright (#911) and family, they drove my bike up from here in SoCal and I just flew in for a day and a half to race.

Check around online, pics and video are starting to show up. Here are a couple I found.

I am 716 on the blue Yamaha with red gear.

A couple of the Vet class, practice and the main.

http://surfdirt.smugmug.com/Races/Denver-EnduroCross-2011/19313852_FMhnx9#1508722804_hfcnMzs

The guy on the floor taking pictures of us all day and night.