Pipe repair

Wisconsin

I know there are a few places out there that will fix dented 2 stroke pipes but they are all (at least the ones i've seen) out in the west and shipping alone ends up being around $30 which is like 60% of the cost to repair it in the first place. sounds crazy to me.

So, does anyone know of a place that repairs pipes in Wisconsin as close to madison as possible?

If i have to send it out i guess that's what i have to do, it just seems like a lot of money to ship a pipe out and back. when the service itself is only $50.

I know there are a few places out there that will fix dented 2 stroke pipes but they are all (at least the ones i've seen) out in the west and shipping alone ends up being around $30 which is like 60% of the cost to repair it in the first place. sounds crazy to me.

So, does anyone know of a place that repairs pipes in Wisconsin as close to madison as possible?

If i have to send it out i guess that's what i have to do, it just seems like a lot of money to ship a pipe out and back. when the service itself is only $50.

I repair mine myself. You can buy a kit on ebay to plug the pipe then you pressurize it with air and heat the dents and work them out. If the pipe has been flatened then I would send it out. If it just has dents it can be fixed in about 1/2 hr and some heat paint.

Never done it myself, but I've heard you can do a series of freezing and thawing to get smaller dents out... I think you put a larger amount of water in it and let the expansion of the water as it turns to ice push the dents out.... let it melt and do it again until you get it to where you want it... maybe search it in a tech section...