Sign in to follow this  

Any Pics OF Rev Box Under Seat

Hey all getting ready for USD transform. Been through a million post looking for moving my revbox. Mainly read all ebecks post said he put it under the tank, was looking for pics. Any help greatly appreciated Thanks TTers

Mounted bracket without Rev Box. Industrial strength sticky back velcro holds box nicely in place...

DSC03278.jpg

Like so...

DSC03277.jpg

Heres the naked bracket. Aluminum anglel hammered to fit snuggly around the frame tube. Holes drilled and tapped in frame tube and bracket secured with button head allen screws

DSC03263.jpg

Pretty straight forward...

ST O.D.

Edited by SacTown Old Dude
typo

And while we're at it...

The steering stop I made out of an 'L' bracket...

DSC03274.jpg

DSC03273.jpg

The button head allens help with gas tank/triple clamp clearence issues...

DSC03287.jpg

...and the modification to the gas tank to facilitate the wider tripleclamp swing. (Harbor Freight heat gun $9.99)

DSC03284-1.jpg

ST O.D.

Thanks SacTown Old Dude, That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the steering stop also. Appreciate your time. Waiting for Emig stem to arrive and Ill be ready to go. Well gonna get forks shortend and revalved ,springs. Much Thanks Again wpb230f

Airmaxx, that is ^^^^ just a awesome mount you made, looks factory made, wtg.

I too have mine under the gas tank, but i just laid mine down across and found that it fits exactly between the gas tank, so its not going anywhere, also used HD zipties to secure it in place, been good so far.

Here's a link to my set up.

http://toneconsultant.tripod.com/toneconsultant/

Mine is like Airmax23's. I had some sheet aluminum sitting around. I just cut it to size w/ some sheet metal cutters (basically stronger scissors) and drilled a hole. Simple. It took about 10 minutes. Since it was aluminum, it bends really easily to form fit your rev box. Hope this helps.

I still have mine in the stock location as I have stock forks.

There has been some good advice thrown out. Other options as well that you might consider are: Weld in a steel tab on the frame where ever I thought it best and it would fit. The frame is steel and is easily welded with a mig or wire feed welder. A welded in bracket is lighter and can't come unscrewed. Of course you need a welder. I have had a mig welder for about 10 years. It is great to have for fabrication. I am not much for aluminum. It tends to fail rather dramatically. I am not dissing anyone else's fabrication, just my preference. Bend aluminum much more than once it probably on it's way to cracking.

Velcro; I would not rely totally on velcro but I would use it for a cushion. I would use a couple of cable ties in addition to the velcro.

Perhaps an even simpler way to remount the cdi would be to Just put the velcro on the round tube in the place that sacs put his bracket then the box could be put right on a round tube frame and lashed on with cable ties. No bracket.

I'm just saying...

I just welded a steering stop below the rev box on the steering head. But like lump_tha_thump said this only helps if you have a welder. Jeff