Sign in to follow this  

Donations Please Help!

Hello fellow members of Thumper Talk, I have a huge favor to ask of you and if you are willing to help I will be extremely greatful.

On Tuesday Semptember 13, my cousins, Dalton (13), Jesse (15) and Tatsi (11), house burned down along with most of their possessions. The fire was caused by arson from their dad who got in a fight with the family while drunk and poured gasoline all over the kitchen of the house and set it on fire. They all got out fine, my cousin Jesse who was burned on the leg was the worst of the injuries. They are having a hard time taking it all in and are very angry and depressed. Although they hide it well, every once in a while they let it out in anger against their dad and the loss of their things. Their dad is currently in jail on charges of arson, and four accounts of atempted man slaughter with pending investigation. http://billingsgazette.com/news/local/article_85b71b42-2dc5-5b7f-aea1-103fdea728fd.html here is the link for the article and pictures.

Here is what I am asking of you, Jesse and Dalton's rideing gear was all burned in the fire. Jesse lost it all, his helmet his gloves, jersey, pants, boots, goggles and chest protector. Dalton lost all but his boots. Tatsi does not ride, but she would like to start and she needs gear.

What I am asking is if your are willing, can you please donated any of your used gear, that isnt too banged up, to Jesse, Dalton and Tatsi. I will handle any shipping charges and will answer any questions that you have. The new to them gear will make them very happy and will get them interested into riding again and maybe help to ease the anger and pain they have.

Sizes:

Jesse, Dalton

Boots-11

Helmets-L

Jerseys-XL

Pants-Jesse 32 waist 32 length Dalton 34 waist 32 Length

Chest Protectors-adult XL

Gloves-L

Goggles-Jesse will need normal, but Dalton needs a pair that will fit over glasses

Tatsi

Pants-16 in youth girl

Jersey-Medium

Boots-6-1/2 womens

Gloves-Small

Chest Protector-medium

Goggles-Normal

Please help, and please ask any questions you have, by either posting them here, or PM me at MY-BLUE-BEAST. I will check whenever I have the chance and get back as soon as possible. Thanks...:smashpc:

I know what everyone is thinkong about this thread... that its a scam. Its not, its real and because of people thinking that its a scam, it has been removed from craigslist and people are trying to remove it from dirt bike addicts. But i have had a few people help already, and have already drove to pick up a helmet, jersey, pants and boots. plus a friend gave them a helmet a piece. they dont know about what im doing, cause i dont want to get their hopes up only to be dissapointed. so if you would like to help, please do and if not than its fine. thanks.

All I can say is good luck. Speaking from experience it might be better to try and get the local riders to help out.

I know what everyone is thinkong about this thread... that its a scam. Its not, its real and because of people thinking that its a scam, it has been removed from craigslist and people are trying to remove it from dirt bike addicts. But i have had a few people help already, and have already drove to pick up a helmet, jersey, pants and boots. plus a friend gave them a helmet a piece. they dont know about what im doing, cause i dont want to get their hopes up only to be dissapointed. so if you would like to help, please do and if not than its fine. thanks.

It's not likely that you reg'd for TT over a year ago just to build up a profile to support your plans to scam people out of used gear and offer to pay the shipping. Regardless, people are skeptical of this type of stuff b/c there has been so many ruthless scammers that take advantage of people's good nature.

I'm not going to delete your request, but it's up to the membership to decide how to respond. I wish those affected by the fire all the best. I do agree that local outreach is likely to be your best bet. That's good advice.

Update your list with the items your still looking for.

I'm in Afghanistan, but I'll have my son and wife look though our pile of equipment and see what works, plus pass the request around..

PM me the address after you update the list. :smashpc:

We can relate to the fire, but not to the circumstances of arson/dad which makes things worse.

Last summer our work garage... old body shop burned to the ground. We were woke up in the middle of the night with a roar or fire. A couple of dirtbikes were stored in a box truck across the street, but we lost 3 dirtbikes, four wheeler.. all of our riding gear...not to mention so much else. We did have insurance.. although it did not cover the dirtbikes:(, but it did cover the gear.

WE are still replacing things. We sat there for hours just looking at the burnt mess.

We can't send used gear, because we don't have any. But we can send something.

ggg 103.JPG

• Like 1

Update your list with the items your still looking for.

I'm in Afghanistan, but I'll have my son and wife look though our pile of equipment and see what works, plus pass the request around..

PM me the address after you update the list. :smashpc:

sorry guys, i was busy looking for a job, and i havent been on for a while. What I still need is a jersey X-large; and two sets of goggles, 1 normal for jesse and a pair that will fit over glasses for dalton. the chest protectors are not really necessary, but i know they would love to have some. other than that, i have asked local riders, and that is where most of the gear i got. so far a guy from here on TT sent me thor pants and fox gloves, i just got them today, and they are great. thats really all i need to get the sets ready for dalton and jesse, tatsi did want to start riding, but everytime i try and take her out to ride she just kind of shrugs me off, so i wouldnt worry about gear for her, her intrest has turned to other things. thanks again guys. and let me know what ya think.

It's not likely that you reg'd for TT over a year ago just to build up a profile to support your plans to scam people out of used gear and offer to pay the shipping. Regardless, people are skeptical of this type of stuff b/c there has been so many ruthless scammers that take advantage of people's good nature.

I'm not going to delete your request, but it's up to the membership to decide how to respond. I wish those affected by the fire all the best. I do agree that local outreach is likely to be your best bet. That's good advice.

Thank you very much for not deleting my thread. I understand the problem with scammers, I have been scammed myself in the past, and I hated it. Thanks again, and I will post pictures of them in their new gear when i get everything sorted out.... thanks :smashpc:

We can relate to the fire, but not to the circumstances of arson/dad which makes things worse.

Last summer our work garage... old body shop burned to the ground. We were woke up in the middle of the night with a roar or fire. A couple of dirtbikes were stored in a box truck across the street, but we lost 3 dirtbikes, four wheeler.. all of our riding gear...not to mention so much else. We did have insurance.. although it did not cover the dirtbikes:(, but it did cover the gear.

WE are still replacing things. We sat there for hours just looking at the burnt mess.

We can't send used gear, because we don't have any. But we can send something.

Sorry for the fire, good thing you have insurance. I dont think their dad did, i might as well say his name, Shawn. Thanks.

Blue-Beast, The package is on it's way. You'll find a set of XL Thor gear and two pairs of goggles (Oakley & Scott's). The Scott's are the ones I used when I wore my glasses. Glad to help out! And as for some of the previous post's, I believe you underestimate the ThumperTalk faithfull! I had one member give me something like 3 header pipes for my 426. All one at a time, as I kept smashing mine. Finally, he said, "Look. This is the last one that I've got!!!", otherwise I think he would have kept on sending them!!! ThumperTalk members are good people!!! Maniac

• Like 1

Blue-Beast, The package is on it's way. You'll find a set of XL Thor gear and two pairs of goggles (Oakley & Scott's). The Scott's are the ones I used when I wore my glasses. Glad to help out! And as for some of the previous post's, I believe you underestimate the ThumperTalk faithfull! I had one member give me something like 3 header pipes for my 426. All one at a time, as I kept smashing mine. Finally, he said, "Look. This is the last one that I've got!!!", otherwise I think he would have kept on sending them!!! ThumperTalk members are good people!!! Maniac

Thats awesome man, thanks so much. Yeah we got good folks here on TT, I knew none of them would let me down. Thansk again maniac.

Well, thats it, all i need now is two chest protectors and a helmet, and i will have two full sets for jesse and dalton. the chest protectors are not really necessary, but i know that they would love to have them. So if you got them or no someone who does and you are willing to help, please ket me know. once i get everything sorted i will post pictures of them in their new gear, look for your piece. Thanks so much guys...:smashpc:

extremely greatful,

Johny Z

Well guys the donation thing-a-ma-jig was a complete success. Dalton and Jesse are very happy with the new gear and can not wait to ride this weekend. Although their bikes are still in Billings, Jesse is going to ride my 150 and Dalton is going to ride a 125 that his friend let him use.

Here is Jesse wearing Maniac's Thor jersey and pants, Jennifer's (knobbynife) goggles, Roger's (a guy who responded ny e-mail) gloves, and Kellie's (a girl who donated her husband's old gear who lives in Rapid City) Tech 3 and Fulmer Helmet. The gloves that KnobbyKnife donated, one pair was a medium and too small for either of them, so I gave them to a friend of theirs who rides with me all the time so he could have gloves (his name is Billy seems like it came off the top of my head, but that's his name :ride:), hope you dont mind Jennifer. They are excellent gloves and held up well to the conditions we put them through.

IMG353.jpg

Next is Dalton. He is wearing an O'Neil jersey donated by kellie, my old HJC helmet, KnobbyKnife's gloves and goggles, and Roger's Thor pants. That's my dog Midnight in the background by the door.

IMG351.jpg

Here they are together in the kitchen.

IMG354.jpg

Here they are together in the living room.

Photo_87CBC1FB-7661-FD86-8442-5B3C0751DF95.jpg

I didnt manage to get any chest protectors, but thats alright, they told me tonight that theirs isnt bad, just some missing foam that can easily be replaced.

So there they are, all dressed up and ready for action. They are very excited, and are very greatful, as am I and their mom. Thank you so much for the donations, and I will try to get some pictures this weekend if its not too cold. Thanks again guys, this is great... 👍

• Like 1

I think it's good your stepping up to help. Horrific thing to have happen, alcohol can turn some people plum crazy. My ex- BIL just got popped for the 5th time for DUI. got caught trying to steal nyquil from the supermarket. He is off to Hartford for a year min. then 3 years probation.

Best of luck man!

Oh, I dont have any gear but will send thoughts!

I think it's good your stepping up to help. Horrific thing to have happen, alcohol can turn some people plum crazy. My ex- BIL just got popped for the 5th time for DUI. got caught trying to steal nyquil from the supermarket. He is off to Hartford for a year min. then 3 years probation.

Best of luck man!

Oh, I dont have any gear but will send thoughts!

Thanks, and no worries, they have all the gear now. Sorry to here about Bill, their dad shawn has been in and out of prison for years. He went to a physc ward, and when everything seemed fine he went and did this. But he is jail for a long tome now, and wont be in anyone way for a long time. But thanks for the notice.

Johny Z

I have a THOR cp that has one of the straps pulled loose (easily repairable, he's welcome to it. I'll try to round it up this week.

I have a THOR cp that has one of the straps pulled loose (easily repairable, he's welcome to it. I'll try to round it up this week.

That would be great man. Although they say theirs isnt too banged up, I haven't seen them and from what they tell me the chest protectors wont do much good since they dont have any foam. I have a guy from Dirt Bike Addicts sending a Thor sentinal, and since most of the gear I rounded up was Thor, then the Thor cp will work just fine. I gave them the gear I had because winter is coming and I wanted to give them one last ride before the "S"-word starts to fall (frozen rain :ride:). So let me know man, and ill PM my address to you. Thanks..👍

And this weekend we cant ride, so next weekend hopefully. The 125 the kid is letting us used crapped out and im still working on it.

Johny Z

very cool thread. you are all an amazing bunch. I thought this thread would be a disaster, but it was actually the complete opposite.. it goes to show that there is still good people left out there. it honestly brings a smile to my face and makes me feel better about society in general, and that does NOT happen very often.

the picture of the kids in their new gear was pretty cool. thats a hell of a thing you guys have done and good karma will come around to everyone.