Sign in to follow this  

wr450f, too much?

im 5'10 and about 80 kgs, iv been riding for 4 years, started on an xr250, the got a wr250, now looking at an 04 wr450f, been riding a mates crf450r abit and am falling in love with the power, but iv been told a 450 is too big for someone my size, opinions?

My '03 WR450 is very tall. Not a problem for me, but a vertcally challenged person may have issues. Powerwise, it's got nothing the CRF doesn't have....

Some will say it is a heavy beast of a bike. I only ever noticed that when I was lying on the ground with the bike on top of me. Let 'er rip.....

I own a 2001 WR426. Its been a very reliable trail bike...and plenty of power (especially with the free mods). I agree that whether its "too big" depends on the rider. Im 6' and 185 lbs solid C class, maybe slow B class rider on a good day. I have always found that the WR wears me out quickly...its about 270 lbs with fuel. I rode the WR for a while before I had the chance to ride a modern trail specific 2t...namely, a 2008 KTM 300 EXC. I couldnt believe the difference in handling of the KTM. I bought a 2007 KTM 300 XC a few months ago. Now, the WR feels like a tank..so its all relative. If its in your budget, buy a KTM 250/300 EXC and you will never look back...if its not...the WR is a very capable trail bike. By the way, the XR 250 and WR 250 are no lightweights. If you can handle the CRF450R power, the WR power shouldnt be an issue.

In what way could a wr450f be ''TOO MUCH'' if you already have a WR360?.

its just a trash bike got it for a grand pretty rooted now its in a buggy just havnt changed my thing yet, and thanks for the tips everyone :smashpc: