Sign in to follow this  

1978 Husqvarna 250 OR Rear Wheel

Some time ago (Feb. 2008), a thread was posted by a guy who bought a '78 Husky 250 OR with a 17" gold rim on the rear. He was wondering if that was stock and many others rang in saying the 18" rear wheel didn't come out until after 1980.

I bought a 1978 Husky 250 OR restoration project recently that had an akront 18" aluminum rear wheel, and it got my attention whether it was stock or not. So I consulted my parts manual and discovered that that year and model ('78 250 OR) came with an 18" rear rim.

Most of the parts for the OR were the same as the CR except for specific parts. I wish I knew how to past the PDF file to this thread so those that are interested can see the specific parts difference but my computer skills are lacking.

I wish I knew how to past the PDF file to this thread so those that are interested can see the specific parts difference but my computer skills are lacking.

Easiest way is to open the file and get it nice and big on the screen, do ctrl+PrtScn to get it to memory, go to paint or photo edit software and paste it in. Crop if needed and save as a jpg. Then post as usual.

OP PM me for my email. I'll server it offsite as both a PDF and series of JPGs.

I was able to save the image as a PDF file in Illustrator, but if you click on the icon above for inserting an image, it wants a URL address, rather than letting you select your computer's picture files and insert a picture. I'm not sure how to get this image to a URL address.

I was able to save the image as a PDF file in Illustrator, but if you click on the icon above for inserting an image, it wants a URL address, rather than letting you select your computer's picture files and insert a picture. I'm not sure how to get this image to a URL address.

The pic has to be hosted on a remote server. That's what Mr. 500XC is offering.

Well the 17" rear may have been a husky thing but all my dirt bikes from the 70's had rear 18" rims. (usually 21" front) Honda played around with 23" front and different sized rear for awhile (In the early 80's I think)

Heck my 74 XL175 has 18" rear.

The pic has to be hosted on a remote server. That's what Mr. 500XC is offering.

Ooooh, I'm a Mr. now:smirk:

Here it is folks!

78_250_OR_Parts_List.jpg

Interesting - My 1978 390 OR that i bought brand new has a 17" gold rear rim and also a 21" gold front rim.

Gold Akronts or Sun? My 84 had Sim rims on both ends, and the 17 I used was a Sun.

Gold Akronts or Sun? My 84 had Sim rims on both ends, and the 17 I used was a Sun.

I am not positive because it is currently stored in the way back of my garage so unreachable easily but I think it is Sun rims. They are Gold for sure.

Interesting - My 1978 390 OR that i bought brand new has a 17" gold rear rim and also a 21" gold front rim.

My 79 OR 390 is/was the same .... except half the gold paint was missing .....so I just stripped it all off.

My parts list shows the '78 390 OR used the same parts as the 390 CR with a few exceptions. The part number for the rear rim on both models is 15 16 748-01 Falg 2.50 X 17 Rim. The 250 CR used this same rim.

But the '78 250 OR came with Akront Aluminum 18" rear wheel and I guess the Falg rim was gold.

Pucker, if you want to send me more parts lists, feel free. I'll post as many as you send me!

Especially if you have any 80s 500 stuff :smashpc: I found a frame I forgot I had for a 84 500XC in my shed.

500XC,

The parts lists that I have are numerous. It would be better for you to give me a specific part and I get the part number for you. The lists cover Husqvarna years '75 - '81 and all models. Sorry, no '84 info.