Sign in to follow this  

anyone receive there 2012 yz250f

picking mine up tomorrow. my orange 350is in the shop. something about a valve hitting the piston. thank **** for warranty. race vet expert in both mx and hs. been on yammies fior the last 10 years. 250fs 250 smokers and 450s. shoulda never left!!! any ways i loved the 350. thats why i bought it. rode several before buying. i wanted to stick nwith yzs but havnt liked the new 450 or 250-- the 10s and 11s. im taking a gamble on the 12 but early reports say its much quicker then then the 10 and 11s. i will post a report

exsarg, I currently ride a 2011 YZ250F and I'm trying to decide between the 2012 KTM 350 and the 2012 YZ250F. When you post your report on the 2012 YZF I would appreciate if you could compare it with your 350. Thanks!

rode the bike a bit in the back yard- got an acreage- felt great. similar powerband as myprevious 09 yz250f. but way quicker and much faster revving. not as muh bottom end as the 10. i love the 350, just worried about reliability. going to track tomorow and trails on sunday. i will give a proper ride report. the 350 works great in the bush. too soft for the track. im only 165 lbs. amazing handling. when i get it back i will compare lap times. i have access to an offroad loop connected to a mx track. about an 8 minute loop. looking forward to the comparison!!!

had a good ride today. track and trail. dry hard pack. incredible suspension on track. way to stiff for my 165 lbs in the trees. backed off compression about 4 clicks on both ends. helped but still stif.the 350 corners a little better. yz a bit more stable. as i said before similar powerband to my 09 yz250f. but snappier. funner. impressive. if i had to have just one bike it would be the 350. that pumpkin is so fun. just teed off about my mechanical issues. first ktm. check out my post on the ktm side. im pissin some peiople off!!. might get kicked off site--- oh well.

Thanks for the info.

Sounds like the engine is improved. My biggest complaint about the 11 YZ250F is the lack of top end, as power tapers off too soon for my taste.

this bike revs out. super quiet to. let my bud ride it today. he has a 10. he was impressed. i cant stress enough to the trail guys out there that they will need suspension work to be happy. i think motocrossers are gonna be impressed. the suspension is sprung and valved stiff. the frame on the 12 is noticeably beefier then the 10 and 11. i overjumped stuff. came up short on some other stuff and stayed in complete control. best susp ive ridden. beats the crap outa me in the bush though!!! looks like the pumkin will be my bush bike!