Sign in to follow this  

2009 crf250x vs. 2001 suzuki rm250

I own the crf right but have been having trouble with bike with the weight and power delivery of the 4t in the woods. Can get a great deal on this rm and can try to set it up for the woods..is the 2t to much and should i wait a while to see if i can get used to the crf?

What power delivery problem are you having with the 4 stroke? Are you used to riding 2 strokes? RM's are great, but as 2 stroke as it gets.

If you love 250 2 strokes in the woods then yes the RM can be setup to be an awesome woods weapon. I race my 03 in hare scrambles.

Yes the bike doesnt seem to have that blip throttle to carry yourself over obstacles. Bike feels like a tank but this is my first time on a four stroke. Always rode 250 2t... Got roped into this bike thinking that four strokes are the new wave... So should i get the 2t and have best of both worlds or just hang onto the 250x and try to get used to it? Bike gets incredible write-ups as easiest woods bike but im not seein it. Call me crazY

Nope, not crazy at all. Ditch that 4 T. I did the 4T thing for a bunch of years, got back on a 2 stroke and said "what the hell was I thinking"

I loved my YZ in the woods. I heard the RM's handling is amazing. I rode some wr250's before...if the crfx is anything like those...I would be falling asleep while goin down the trail. Id be on the RM in a second if its a good deal. You should have money to play with after selling ur current bike.