Sign in to follow this  

What is this yz250 fender, and how do I install?

What year is this front fender and more importantly, does it just fit right on? Maybe some drilling? Maybe A LOT of drilling?

Sick bike here......(pulled it from another thread)...wow....pretty bike.....

yz250w10fender.jpg

Front fender is from a 2010-2012 YZ250F or YZ450F. It will fit but you need to drill new holes. I believe Cyrca makes a pre-drilled version for the 2 strokes.

The cycra fenders are available with the correct holes for our older bikes.

Its not as if drilling a real yamaha fender is a big deal, but the original holes end up beign close to what we need and may not be very strong.

Thanks for the fast response folks!!

Rockymountain carries Cycra I believe. Will it be labled "'10 fender, but fits 2 stroke"? Someone with an actual link would save the day :smashpc: (Doesn't have to be Rockymountain either).

Is that also a 2010 front number plate? Fit right on? I thought pre 05 YZ's had a mount through the front of plate (sorry for dumb comments...don't own a 2t YET)

Well... the 2010 fender won't fit... As it has already been mentioned cycra makes one to fit. Basically this is just the 2010 YZF fender, but with YZ holes drilled. It's available on Cycra's website. Yes that is a newer number plate too. If you want to run one of those it can be done, but it will have to be fastened on with zip ties.

You kinda lost me on that last one.

So, the 2010 250/450f won't fit. K. Got it.

But from posts above, they make one that apperantly "looks" like a 2010, that fits older YZ's? Right?

The only thing that I can think of then is that the 2010 style fenders do NOT come pre-drilled and you do it yourself. Correct? If not, then there are some previously conflicting posts.

Cycra website only lists the '10 fender for 250/450f.

Rockymountain however lists it like this, but still a tad vague:

Cycra Performance Front Fender Blue

Fits: 2010, YAMAHA, YZ250.

Oh well.....I can only assume they come NOT drilled and you do it yourself, easy. My initial worry was pre-drilled holes then you gotta re drill and what if they overlap. Messy. Anyone wanna confirm any of this :smashpc:.

No.... They ARE drilled. Cycra makes two of these fenders. One fits the 4T one fits the 2T. Check it out here: http://store.cycraracing.com/20yzf125250c.html

Oh wow....THANKS!! :smashpc:

Last question......if for some reason i buy a 02-04 yz, THEN I'm going to have to get a little creative with drilling, right?

I don't own a 2t yet. Probably buying one here shortly.

Edited by panicrev

I just ordered one for my '08 yz450f from the site you listed. So at least it will be here and I can go from there. Thanks for all your help!!!!!

holy crap guys.....can we make this anymore complicated? 👍 my suggestion is to buy the bike first and then buy the proper fender. :smashpc:

buying the modern f fender pre drilled to fit the 2-stroke is waaay better than drilling one out to fit and the cost is the same.

i have a whole thread on this lol, the cycra fender is great but, some people had problems with the blue not being color matched and some had better luck with a different batch. the white one i ordered was perfect tho. cycra has super fast shipping too. post pics when you install!

http://store.cycraracing.com/20yzf125250c.html

So this WILL fit my 03' YZ250 2-stroke? direct bolt on?

why do they list it for just two strokes? i am sure that would fit a plethora of yamaha's big bikes that are not 2010-12 yz's. older yz's and wr's all the same, 2t's and 4t's. they all used the same front fender did they not?