Sign in to follow this  

yz250 plastics

Very cool. Looks like what a 2012 yz250 could have looked like from Yamaha with minial effort on their part.

I'm suprised that site has such small pix. Maybe I mssed the big ones somewhere. Also missed the price.

im sure you can get them,might have to search around the net a little.... although your tank is blue not black which causes a small issue i guess... there is a good thread here on dying your tank black.....

Ufo sells all white plastic. I ran a set before my all black plastic. But white blows to keep clean. Once it gets scratced up the scraches get dirt in them and it looks like hell.

Ufo sells all white plastic. I ran a set before my all black plastic. But white blows to keep clean. Once it gets scratced up the scraches get dirt in them and it looks like hell.

You must not have had your black set up very long yet... its worse than the white. Looks like s*$% after the first ride. Scratches are too visible and turn white over time. Your correct though, white sucks too. As long as you clean and wash the bike after every ride, it will hold up pretty good though.:smashpc:

I put a full decal kit on my black set. It still looks good. White just drove me nuts because the scratches were filled with brown crud even after you washed it. I ride offroad in the summer and my bikes constanly covered in mud. Ive had my black set for 200+ hours and it looks good yet

My newest white set has 38.7 hours on it according to my hour meter and it still looks brand new. I think the graphics are key to protecting the plastics and keeping the bike looking good no matter what color you chose to run.

My 450 has had these black plastics for less than a season according to the previous owner and they are beat to hell and back already. Probably because they were unprotected.

I've used white plastics on all my bikes since 1996. It is the EASIEST of all colors to keep looking good. I've had black, red, yellow, blue, silver, and green bikes. Use an SOS pad and the scratches are gone. It's one color that doesn't have to shine to look good. Black and blue are the hardest to keep looking good. Scratches don't go away and I constantly had to apply heat to temporarily get rid of the white creases but they return. Yellow is a good choice but is no longer available in the US for YZ's.

I use Soft Scrub with bleach on my white plastics with light rubbing with a sos pad. They look great after every ride.