Sign in to follow this  

XR 600 White Frame Paint that matches

I'm adding a passenger footpeg kit from baja designs on my 96 XR600R. After I weld the mounts, I'd like to touch up the frame and mounts with the closest matching white paint I can get. Years ago I used PJ1 Honda white frame paint on this bike when fixing the kickstand mount, but they no longer sell it. I don't feel like stripping the bike for a powder coat job right now, the original paint is still very nice. Does anyone know of a white spray paint that closely matches the Honda white??????

White is white. If it's not, it's called grey, egg shell or cream (Or something not white)

Just to be sure, paint a sample scrap of metal and see if it matches before you spray the bike. Personally, I'd brush it on. No over-spray and thicker coat.

Closest match I have found: Dupli-Color DE-1602 Universal White. Can be had at Pep Boys.

White is white. If it's not, it's called grey, egg shell or cream (Or something not white)

Like Ford's "Wimbledon White" and "Oxford White".....:smashpc:

I've already tried that website and it only let's you select yamaha blue. I believe they no longer sell the Honda white, I've tried everywhere I can think of. There are several shades of white to choose from at the parts store.

Thanks HT, I'll try them. I welded the peg mounts on yesterday and am now ready for some paint. I probably should suck it up and have the whole frame powder coated, I just hate to completely strip it for such a small little area needing touch up.

Finished the foot peg install this weekend. I found the paint that matches perfectly: Dupli-Color "Performance White" BM0335, which is a Ford color in Acrylic Lacquer. I tried everywhere and the PJ1 is discontinued. The dupli-color matches better than the PJ1 that I used where I fixed the kickstand mount about 11 years ago.