accelerator pump will not squirt

ok, i have completely disassembled the carb on my 06 crf and cleaned it with brake cleaner and air, replaced all the jets with new, (42 pilot, 170 main--per fmf web site for factory 4.1 on an 06 crf 250) disassembled the a.p. replaced the o rings, checked the float height, cleaned the diaphragm, replaced the float needle, and moved needle to 4th clip. amybe a coinsidence, but now the a.p. wont squirt, it will only dribble out a small amount of gas, and bike will not run without partial throttle or idle turned way up, any ideas out there?

Firstly, you need to check if the bowl is actually filling with fuel. Need to also check the galleries that feed fuel from the bowl into the accelerator pump body to make sure fuel is getting into the accelerator pump.

Worthwhile checking the a.p. diaphragm for even the slightest tear as well.

Hope you get it sorted.

yes the bowl fills, i checked by both the drain outlet and the float bowl nut, and the a.p. channels are clean and it seems to be getting fuel because when i loosen one of the screws on a.p. bowl fuel comes out, but i will recheck the diaphragm next.

Like mentioned, take a look at the diaphram. The spring goes in the bottom, then the diaphram goes in. If it's not sitting right in the channel, it can suck air and not work. Make sure the diaphram is not all distorted from the brake cleaner. Brake cleaner and thin rubber don't work real well together. Also, did you remove the throttle slide? If you did, it's critical as to which direction the plate goes on.

Throttle slide is in right way, I pulled airbox off of my Suzuki to compare and make sure it was facing the right direction (it was) diaphragm was only cleaned with cloth (no chemicals) spring seated properly, haven't had a chance to check the rubber yet til tonight

Throttle slide is in right way, I pulled airbox off of my Suzuki to compare and make sure it was facing the right direction (it was) diaphragm was only cleaned with cloth (no chemicals) spring seated properly, haven't had a chance to check the rubber yet til tonight

The hole in the plate is what I was concerned about. It goes on either way but the hole should be on the bottom closest to the needle. Just wanted to make sure!

diaphragm is fine, and i have pumped a whole lot of air through this thing now, so i cant believe there can still be dirt anywhere. i dont think there is any part of the circuit that i have not given some attention to.

1 hour ago, Kevin Krumwiede said:

How did this get resolved?

These recent discussion might be of help: