Sign in to follow this  

Caliper issue 65sx

Hi guys,

Just bought a new front brake caliper for my sons 2006 65 sx. The hollow bolt for the brake fluid is too small for the new caliper. I thought the calipers were all the same from 2003 right through to 2008. Is there a difference between countries. I'm in Australia and I bought the caliper from the USA. Everything else fits perfectly other than this bolt being too small. :smashpc:

The caliper on the 02'-03' uses a 10mm banjo bolt. (with a Brembo master cylinder)

04'^ uses an 8mm banjo bolt. (with a Formula master cylinder)

Other than the banjo bolts, the calipers are exactly the same. The nice thing about the 10mm caliper is that you can use virtually any big-bike master cylinder with it. In your case, you'll need a new custom brake line for it to work with the Formula master.

Call Gary at SikTendencies:

714-392-5929 | Gary@SikRacing.com | http://sikracing.com/

He can make a custom brake line for you with an 8mm banjo at the master and a 10mm banjo at the caliper end. Just tell him the length you need (hole to hole), any angle offset you need on the banjo fittings, and the indexing of the banjo fittings. (0 or 90 degrees)

Thanks for that mate. That's exactly the answer I was looking for. I couldn't for the life of me work it out. I couldn't find the difference on any of the parts lists. Cheers for the link too. I'll send Gary an email with some details.

Thanks for that mate. That's exactly the answer I was looking for. I couldn't for the life of me work it out. I couldn't find the difference on any of the parts lists. Cheers for the link too. I'll send Gary an email with some details.

Happy to help!