Sign in to follow this  

96' XR600R Keihin PD Carb Problem????

Hey Guys.

New to forum but I hope you can help. I have a 96 XR600R, Keihin PD carb, FMF exhaust. I let the bike sit for a year or so. Now I riding again. I attempted to clean carb but still having severe idle and mid-throttle sputtering. Tonight I removed the carb and went deep. The slow jet was partially clogged. I cleaned all and reassembled. Can anyone tell me what the plastic flare, jet holder does and how to install it? When I pulled the bowl, it was resting at bottom, side. I attempted to place it proper, according to diagram, when re assembling but not sure. My bike idles rough and runs rough through mid throttle with choke off. If I leave choke at mid détente it runs and idles much smoother. Any advice?.....65 slow jet.....165 main jet.....2 turns out on mix screw. tried 7 and 8 plug. Please help, Thanks!

Most likely, the slow jet is still partially clogged, try cleaning it again or toss it and get a new one. The plastic thingy is an anti-splash baffle designed to keep the main jet submersed. The baffle becomes brittle and will not stay in place, get a new one if possible.