Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket Indicator Problem TTR250

i got my ttr about 12 months ago now and the first thing i really wanted to do was get rid of them big ugly stock indicator so i bought some tiny LED ones off ebay. but i mounted just the front ones in for a test and the light turned on but stayed on. same case with both sides. then i put the stock ones back in and it works just as an indicator should. just wondering what can be done? was thinking indicator relays but not so sure about the installation and what have you in that area.. please post if you have any helpful tips for me. thanks :smashpc:

I'm guessing you're talking about turn signals, and instead of flashing on and off, they are just staying on. The problem is the flasher man. You need to do one of two things:

Put resisters inline for each turn signal

Or, replace the stock flasher with a unit like this one from superbrightleds.com:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fflashers.htm

If you scroll down on that link, you'll see the three different types of motorcycle flashers. My 2009 XT250 took the LF1-S-FLAT. I highly recommend you just swap the flasher. It's cheaper and it's plug and play. It litterly took me 5 minutes to swap the flasher unit out.

I'm actually not familiar with the TTR having turn signals, as mine did not. So, I can't help you with the location of the flasher. You must have the aussie version that is street legal. I'm jealous, i'd love to have one of those. :smashpc:

old style flashing relays work like an automatic circuit breaker.... when current flows thru they got hot and trip....cool and reset ......, since l.e.d.s use so little current the flasher doesn't get hot enout to trip.....

as stated above the easiest thing is to get an electroninc flasher