Sign in to follow this  

Really need a decent stand...

Finally got fed up with the POS stand on my bike. Anyone modify there's to make it useable? Had a look at the motosportz one, looks nice, anyone try it on a TE? Not sure about modifying the frame.

Thanks guys.

MY 08's works fine, you did remove the auto retract thing? OK so it's not perfect, but it does work, just don't get on the bike before you raise the stand and everything's fine.

Finally got fed up with the POS stand on my bike. Anyone modify there's to make it useable? Had a look at the motosportz one, looks nice, anyone try it on a TE? Not sure about modifying the frame.

Thanks guys.

I have a Motosportz on my 09 TCX, it works ok, had problems with it rubbing the swingarm, took some playing around with some spacers but it works ok now without rubbing

It looks like a modified version of a Trail-tech side stand

I'd rather have a OEM if I had the brackets

Good luck

www.dualsportarmory.com

The stand on the 09's and newer are much better than the stock one from my 08 SMR.

My 2011 one is great. In fact, I'm Even staring to like the auto retract part. My 08 one stinks. I think their interchangeable but haven't tried yet. If they do I'll let ya know and will be ordering one for my 08.

The stand on my '11TE310 is a weak, pathethic piece of junk. It barely holds the bike up. Put one finger on the seat and pull towards you and you can see the stand bend. It'd probably break in a strong wind.

I'd much rather have the older stand like on my '03 TE610e. It is steel and rugged.

I cut off the auto-retract stub, then I cut a piece of plastic deck board scrap I had, routed out the outline of the kickstand foot and bolted it on, works great now.

Kickstand.jpg

I put a Trailtech stand on my 07' TE250. I had found measurements and it matched up to a 90's KX500. I've had it on there since I bought it back in 08'.

It is a bit shorter than I would like but does the job and takes the abuse of offroad riding.

I like the idea of the piece on the bottom, but i find the stand is already too high, maybe some shortening and then a bigger piece on the bottom would work. I'll do some mucking around in the shed, cheers guys.