Sign in to follow this  

IRC Volcanduro VE-35F

Thoughts on this tire. Picked up a used bike, and it has this tire on the front. I've never even really heard of it before. Tire is fairly new. Is it going to faceplant me 5mins into my ride, should I just swap it out now?

Hope it gets good feedback. I just ordered VE33/35 combo yesterday. Has great reviews on Rocky Mtn ATV.

I've run them. They're VERY durable, but you sacrifice grip. They'll last you the life span of two normal tires.

Some people like em, some don't. I'm actually going to move away from them for a race to see how the Maxxis Desert IT does seeing as how I'm wrecking the Volcanduro's anyways racing.

The rear VE33 is a good tire, however plan for 'faceplants' when running the VE 35 front on hard terrain.

I ran the VE-33 on my crf450r for like 5-6 hare scrambles and 2-3 practice races running a B pace. The thing still has 60% tread left. IT's a beast.. The lugs when new were massive! And are roughtly as tall still at 60% as my rear bridgestone BT404 or 403 whichever is the rear.

A friend on his KTM 300 runs that VE-35 front and is a solid B rider and says it feels like his bike "is on rails" So, with that being said atleast run it. It's definately not the worst tire on the market, might not be the best for what your doing but since it's on there (free 👍) I'd give it a whirl :smashpc:

As a generality hard tire rubber tend to work best in soft terrain and soft rubber best in hard terrain. I've run VE-33 tires front and rear, and they seem to work well in the PNW. The front seems to be less harsh on trail debris than the stiff sidewall MX tires.