Sign in to follow this  

1985 RZ350 SoCal

Hi, I'm new to the thread and am in Southern California with a 1985 RZ350 that has been sitting for almost 10 years. I am looking for a mechanic that specializes in these older two-strokes and won't rip me off. I have money to spend so I'm anxious to get the ball rolling. Any recommendations? I'm in Santa Clarita area and will travel anywhere in SoCal. Thanks.

You got any pics to share? This is really more of an offroad two stroke forum, have you tried posting in the street bike sections?

Since it is a smoker, why not just get a shop manual and tear into it yourself. The hardest thing to do will be to remove, clean and reinstall the power valves on that bad boy.

If you are not comfortable digging into the engine yourself, ship it up to me and I'll give her a good loving home, right next to my other three Yamahas.

You may have better luck asking on usa2strokers.com for someone in your area me I love working on my 2 smoke street rides. Currently but slowly going to rebuild another NSR 250 but it will be the stock looking one. Put CBR 600RR replica fairing on the other one from a place that special makes it in japan it was a bolt on kit and my mint RGV 250. My friend has a TZR 250 and a RZ 500 project my dream bike is still a kawie KR1S 250 someday!

nsr006.jpg

rgv2504.jpg

a rdz350 is basically a banshee motor, if your looking for engine work, lookup some yamaha banshee shops. Planetsand.com bansheeHQ.com will point a few in cali