Sign in to follow this  

DR350S Carb

In need of a new (or used) carb for a 90 DR350S.

I would like to find one from a dirt model that is being parted out but ill go for either the street or dirt carb.

I figured this would be the place to post. Anyone know of any other carbs that would work with the DR350 model? Also do you know if the 400 has the same carb? Compatible?

Any advice would be helpful! I would like to get it up and running before it starts to snow!! Thank you!

What is so wrong with your stock carb that cant be fixed?

The DRZ400 carb is too big for the DR350.

For a used DR350S model carb (BST33SS) I can only suggest ebay. I've seen the stock carbs sell from $50 to $200.

As far as the dirt model pumper carbs go (TM33SS-8012), they are a very nice performance upgrade from the stock BST carb but stay away from used TM33 carbs. The channel where the slide moves up and down wears out after time and is part of the carb body so it cant be replaced/repaired.

You can pick up a brand new TM33SS for $220 http://shop.viperizerracing.com/product.sc;jsessionid=ED3611273E970E6D3E0B222F1D6D8351.qscstrfrnt01?productId=307&categoryId=75 but you will need to find the dirt model intake boot, throttle & cable and the air box boot as they are different from the S model.

You can watch ebay for used parts or you can spend about $80 and buy the dirt model intake boot, throttle & cable and a bushing to adapt your S model air box boot to the TM33 all brand new from Jesse at Kientech. http://www.kientech.com

So... you can either find a used BST carb and live with the "rubber band for a throttle cable feel" or spend about $300 and have a much more responsive, quicker revving setup with the TM33 pumper.

Good luck. :smashpc:

Bob- Not exactly sure... had a friend (bike mechanic) who has torn it apart and can't find what is wrong but the bike won't hold an idle.

Thanks for all the information... I will definitely check out e-bay!!

Could be a vacuum leak.

Did you try plugging off the vacuum port on the carb that goes to the petcock?

When you plug off the vacuum feed on the carb you will need to set the petcock to prime so it will deliver fuel.

If it idles ok then it's either the diaphragm in the petcock which is very prone to failure or the vacuum hose is cracked or leaking.

Worth a shot.... only takes a couple of minutes.