Sign in to follow this  

05 450 EXC, Big Bore w/ 520 Cylinder??

ok guys, i searched and compared my parts before posting.. so with that said.

I have a 05 EXC450 that i ride, but i also just bought a 01 520 SX that i'm parting out..

My question is should i do the 95mm 520 cylinder on the 450?? anyone have a reason why i can't or should not??

It should be a bolt on setup correct?? I'd go with a new piston/rings just because.. and rejet as needed

Is it worth the effort? anyone do this and did you like the power increase?

thanks in advance!

If you don't get much response here maybe post your question over at KTMTalk. The folks over there maybe more dialed on KTM stuff.

It will drop in with no other modifications except 95mm head gasket. Nothing else is needed. I can't really say whether it is worth it, of course I'd do it but the difference in top hp is quite small, midrange will be noticeable and easier to wheelie.

This easy bolt on swap will give you more bottom end, midrange, and top end power. While you're at it, you may as well add oversize Kibblewhite stainless steel valves for an engine that will last for a long time.

If you don't get much response here maybe post your question over at KTMTalk. The folks over there maybe more dialed on KTM stuff.

yup...the owner(Travis) of thumper racing hangs out over at KTMTalk RFS Board...a lot of good info there.

http://thumperracing.net/

with just a bump from 450cc to 505cc u'll get about a 10% increase in power(~45hp to ~50hp)...probably want to open up the carb a few cc's too🤣

i believe u can also go to a 540cc or 570cc from ur motor. 👍

the guys over there can answer ur questions in detail. :smashpc:

:busted: