Sign in to follow this  

New to Ktm (350)

Well I have not got it in the garage yet but it will be making it to Alaska soon. Unfortunatley riding seaeis almost done so I might not be able to ride till next year. I am a vet pro from Reno Nevada that has taken a hiatus from the sport this past year. I have been on yam since the 400 days and am ready for a change. I rode a 11 350 a couple of weeks back and had a absolute blast on it. Until then it was between a kx450 and a 350 but that ride pretty much made up my mind. Been reading a lot about it and I understand that there are some efi issues do to dirty fuel, however there are ways around it with aftermarket parts. Also the suspension seems soft out of the box. I am 6'2 205 right now but by the time I start racing I should be in the 190 range. Its sounds like there is a quit of bit of know here so I will keep reading and adding to my to get list.

Welcome to KTM, sorry I can't help with the 350. I have a 2008 450 SX-F and an older 300 MXC. Very good chance that I will be ordering a 2012 300 XC-W for next years riding season. :smashpc:

Live in Anchorage

I do to. I am at work on the slope right now. Hopefully it will come in before the first snow so I can do a trail ride in the valley to break her in.

Who do you work for? Let me know when you want to ride and maybe we can get together for a ride, that is if you don't mind riding with a slow old fat man :smashpc:

I work for ch2. I am always down to ride I just don’t know where there are some good trails.I hear Jim creek is fun but I am not sure I would want to take my bike in silt and kincaid get boring after a while. Maybe youwill have to show me the alaska way.

I used to work for VECO/CH for almost 21 years, been with NANA Construction for about the last 2-1/2 years now. Jim Creek is not bad, I have been riding out there for over 10 years. We stay away from the heavy silt areas and have never had any issues with our bikes. I am riding there this weekend, we are going to go all the way to the glacier. I know some other cool places to go and would be happy to show you. I will send you a PM with my info so you can contact me when you get off the slope.