Sign in to follow this  

Top end kit

I will be rebuilding the top end of my brothers 2003 kx 125 , and would like to know other than the factory parts what's a good piston and gasket kit to use. Thanks.

I used a Moose gasket kit when I rebuilt the KDX. All very good quality stuff. But any name brand gasket set will work fine.

As for piston, do you want forged or not? Wiseco or Athena (Wossner) for forged. Stock or Pro-X for cast.

Which is better forged or cast. They run the crap out of it when the go out , so I don't want any problems. I suppose the factory has held up .

I used a Moose gasket kit when I rebuilt the KDX. All very good quality stuff. But any name brand gasket set will work fine.

As for piston, do you want forged or not? Wiseco or Athena (Wossner) for forged. Stock or Pro-X for cast.

What are the Wossner pistons like? Ive seen them online here and they were talked up by the seller but its not a brand i know.

What are the Wossner pistons like? Ive seen them online here and they were talked up by the seller but its not a brand i know.

Made in (corrected) Germany. Apparently they do a lot (if not all) of Athena's pistons. When I got mine the box said Athena, everything inside said Wossner.

They looked to me to be as well made as any. Got a coupla hundred miles on it, no problems yet (fingers crossed this theme continues :smashpc:).

Edited by OLHILLBILLY