Sign in to follow this  

Compare Map Switches

Anyone have any good or bad luck with these switches

Or have both and notice any difference

KTM-

Sicass-

Trail Tech

I think I'm getting KTM under seat because Factory should be better right ?

I got the factory switch for the gas gas which only costs $20. Looks the same as the factory KTM engine on off switch except I has a sun and cloud labels on it. Works fne. I couldnt imagine spending close to $100 for the factory switch.

Sicass racing switch is very good. It will also incorporate a kill switch so the stock on can be removed.

It is the only one of the bar mounted FI switches that has the resistors under the seat so they are protected form water and debris. I also will allow switch on the fly action. The engine has to come back to idle, then the map will change. So for a race start I put the switch in the aggressive position for a good start, then I just switch it to the standard map and when I get into something technical I just pull in the clutch and coast into a corner and the change is done. Sounds a little complicated but in practice it actually works really good.

Sicass racing switch is very good. It will also incorporate a kill switch so the stock on can be removed.

It is the only one of the bar mounted FI switches that has the resistors under the seat so they are protected form water and debris. I also will allow switch on the fly action. The engine has to come back to idle, then the map will change. So for a race start I put the switch in the aggressive position for a good start, then I just switch it to the standard map and when I get into something technical I just pull in the clutch and coast into a corner and the change is done. Sounds a little complicated but in practice it actually works really good.

CHILLY, what resistors are you talking about? It's a simply plug in to the existing connectors on the factory map wire.

You also shouldn't need to return to idle for the map change to occur. There is a 2 second delay, but it switches at any RPM. At least thats the way it works on my bike.

Chilly is talking about a newer fuel injected model.

The OP needs to clearify what model bike he is talking about. Older carb bikes have just a simple open/close single pole single throw switch. I don't know about the makeup of a FI map switch but it is not a simple 1P1T.

When the thread originator mentioned the under seat OEM switch, that is for an FI bike, also says 2012 350 in his sig.

But yes, the Sicass set up is very nice. In the Trail Tech switch, the resistors are in the bar switch assemble and more susceptible to water and dirt problems.

I would think it would be better to have a flip switch than a push like the oem start/kill switch.That way you can tell what setting its on.Thats just me.

Yeah ordered both so will test the difference

Thanks chilly I saw your post on enduro360

And put a down on a 350

Me and my son rode the wild pony Saturday

Bike bone stock rane fine gearing a litte"wide"

Duh. But over all nice power

Any other mods for this 2012 xcf-w you would do