Sign in to follow this  

RMZ newbie, please bear with me

I'm writing this post because my buddy has a '09 model, has been having an issue with it & since he doesn't know how to explain it in english he asked me if I could. Here's his story:

He bought his bike used & was running fine. Then he adds a complete FMF exhaust system & noticed the bike ran fine for a while & after riding for the third time it started to bog at about 1/4 turn once it got hot. So he then puts back the stock & the bike ran ok. After a while he installs the FMF again, claims that bike is running good & after 5 hours of use it starts to bog like before once it gets hot. He's wondering if he has a dirty injector. Can someone help us out?. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced,

Roger

Sounds like the mapping maybe, I agree!! I heard sometimes they need to be remapped/re-jetted w/ new exhaust, sometimes they don't! Mine did!

Sounds like the mapping maybe, I agree!! I heard sometimes they need to be remapped/re-jetted w/ new exhaust, sometimes they don't! Mine did!

I have an 08/09 450 with a FMF complete exhaust, I did put a power commander on it with the remap, I had issues with a mid throttle miss before the PC and remap which sounds similar to your problem, if you just do the FMF slip-on muffler with the stock head pipe does the problem still come up? Mine was ok with the stock head pipe and slip-on you might be too, other wise you may need the remap to cure the problem.

I had issues with a mid throttle miss before the PC and remap which sounds similar to your problem, if you just do the FMF slip-on muffler with the stock head pipe does the problem still come up? Mine was ok with the stock head pipe and slip-on you might be too, other wise you may need the remap to cure the problem.

I'll try that, thanks!

Why don't you try a dynorun and keep track of the temperature on the radiators?

I don't think it's an injector it would show up right away not after 5 hrs of riding.

make sure the fmf headpipe (mega or power-bomb) is not coming loose at the motor flange. -make sure using springs and that they are not worn out

the fmf springs kinda wimpy when they get hot