Sign in to follow this  

Ktm 525 big bore sleeve and piston

I know this has been covered before, but being a newb and not being able to find it sucks! 👍 so I am looking for some advice on the 540 sleeve and piston install on my 525, its an 07 and I am wanting to purchase the right stuff. What is your experience or recommendation on the bigger displacement stuff, thanks in advance for the help! :smashpc:

I took my trashed 450 cylinder with a 560 piston to a local engine shop. They put an iron sleeve in it and it works just fine as far as I can tell. Just make sure to get the right piston, I think wossner now make a specific piston for this purpose, converting 450/525 to a 560 because I found that 450 combustion chamber is slightly smaller in diameter compared to a 560 so high compression piston with dome can make contact with the head unless machined. But as said, ktm oem does not have a dome and wossner makes piston which fits anyway.

Of course coated aluminum is better but also bit more expensive. thumperracing makes sweet products though and they are fairly priced.

And be warned, more power the more the crank spreads and start eating main bearings. Fixing is either expensive or difficult or both.