Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket clutch covers

I was looking on Ebay, and there are covers by Moose, Hinson, and Wiseco. They claim better cooling. I was wondering about extra oil capacity. Are they claiming better cooling by the coating or by the capacty?

I was looking on Ebay, and there are covers by Moose, Hinson, and Wiseco. They claim better cooling. I was wondering about extra oil capacity. Are they claiming better cooling by the coating or by the capacty?

The capacity...and sometimes the interior shape of the cover...but primarily the increased capacity.

Has anyone found a clutch cover that wears better than the stocker? I know it's just looks but if you can get improved cooling and wear, that sounds like a plus to me.

Has anyone found a clutch cover that wears better than the stocker? I know it's just looks but if you can get improved cooling and wear, that sounds like a plus to me.

Funny you ask. I was just going to comment that the Pro Circuit clutch cover on my MX bike still looks brand new, even after lots and lots of use. It has held up 100x better than the finish on the stock cover.

Can you just get a cover without changing the inside parts? And does that increase performance just because?? Thanks.

Can you just get a cover without changing the inside parts? And does that increase performance just because?? Thanks.

Yes and No. The pro-circuit clutch cover is 99% just for looks.