Sign in to follow this  

Sag problem. Help!

I was setting the race sag on my kx100 and ran into a problem. The suspension was really spongy before. When I measured it first and did the math, it was around 80mm. I tightened the suspension and measured again, which resulted in a 55mm measurement. I don't understand why it's not in the 90-110 range. Another problem is that the suspension is now topped out with no weight on it, which wasn't happening before. The suspension feels fine other than the topping out problem I am completely confused. Does anyone know what I did wrong

If it's spongy it most likely needs to be serviced. When was the last time the suspension was rebuilt?

Your best bet would be to find a shop that will do the work near you and get a price from them. They should be able to help you get it setup afterwards too.

you went the wrong way , you need to loosen the spring and get 90mm set the adjusters in the middle and see how it feels

Why would I loosen the spring if it's already too soft? I just put it back to around where it was for now.

ok,don,t listen to mog(a suspension tuner).you seem to have it figured out(i don,t know why you came here and asked the question in the first place.:smashpc:

ok,don,t listen to mog(a suspension tuner).you seem to have it figured out(i don,t know why you came here and asked the question in the first place.:smashpc:

I'm not sure he is telling Mog he is full of shit, I think he wants to understand the concept.

I am not sure of sag settings for mini motocrossers, but there should be a formula in your manual that you will need to work out. You need to have the correct sag, and then have the static sag fall into a particular range. If it dosnt, then you need a new spring. It sounds like this is the case. Have someone help you with the measurments for race sag, and static sag, and report back. You might need a diffrent spring.