Sign in to follow this  

Going to look at a tc100 what do yall think?

Sooo I found this little guy for sale 3kb3m33pa5Y55Z25Q2b9c6f1ad045b0331df7.jpg3n03m83lb5Q15S55R4b9c74a357b391e817cd.jpg The seller seems pretty legit. Sounds like a nice guy, claims to be a soccer coach. He couldn't meet up till tomorrow night because he had a game but I though it'd just be more time to here the thoughts and opinions of you guys. He had it up a while back but I bit when he dropped the price to $300. It's a 1974 and is in "good running condition" we shall see. He doesn't have a title but he was told at the DMV that it just needed police safety inspection and he could get it registered. What should I look for and check and what do yall think?

It looks like a good deal as long as you can get it registered. I'm not sure how that works without issuing a new title or something. I would definitely check on that because it can be a pain to get a title for it and can end up costing more than the bike is worth.

I had a friend who had one. It ran well for about a year. Then it had trasmission issues. If it's the same bike, I believe it had a dual range transmission High/Low. I believe the TC stands for Town and Country. I'll admit that we were pretty hard on our bikes back then and did little maint. till something broke.

Frist rule when buying a Street or even a Dual-Sport Bike is no vehicle title no sale in my book.

Best thing to do is to get VIN number off bike and check with DMV

Red River Rider is rigth they are dual range transmission High/Low I had friend who had one the smaller 90.

I had a friend who had one. It ran well for about a year. Then it had trasmission issues. If it's the same bike, I believe it had a dual range transmission High/Low. I believe the TC stands for Town and Country. I'll admit that we were pretty hard on our bikes back then and did little maint. till something broke.

I thought TC meant trail & city. But my old memory is fading.:smashpc:

1973_TC100K_brochure_800.jpg

1974_TC100L_sales1_842.jpg

My first motorcycle was the tc125 prospector,the big brother to your bike.They are virtually bulletproof and the price sounds fair.I say go for it.