Sign in to follow this  

Retractable running boards

So Ive been looking for a power running board for my truck thats a single narrow step that comes down when I open the door. The one I saw when it folds up it goes back slightly and is a silver color and is just a single step not the whole running board. The ones Im finding by AMP and bestop are the whole running board and wont work with all the stuff done to my truck.

For what the truck will be used for I need one that will fold up and away. Any one know of any companies besides those I listed? they are the only ones Im finding.

That's the exact ones I was looking for. Sucks they went out of business. That design would be perfect for my truck. I wonder how hard it would be to engineer something a long those lines.

That's the exact ones I was looking for. Sucks they went out of business. That design would be perfect for my truck. I wonder how hard it would be to engineer something a long those lines.

Shouldn't be too bad, if you're handy, hit a junkyard and look at some of the high end SUV's that had them factory, or even a RV for the auto electric steps that fold in.

Might have to cut down the step and make it smaller, but it beats doing the geometry math to figure the angles and motor timing.

Shouldn't be too bad, if you're handy, hit a junkyard and look at some of the high end SUV's that had them factory, or even a RV for the auto electric steps that fold in.

Might have to cut down the step and make it smaller, but it beats doing the geometry math to figure the angles and motor timing.

Yeah, the motor timing would be the annoying part and a bit of a pain to wire it in on the same circuit as the dome light.