Sign in to follow this  

Damn! these rad guards are nice.

I've been bummed since Rooster shut it's doors 'cuz they had a great product. I had them on my first X. I know the Flatlands are good (friend had 'em) and I've read the testimonies on Devol (even though they don't look very stout) I finially bit the bullet and ordered these from Mohard. I hope they fit as good as they look, the quality is outstanding!

rad002.jpg

Sweet! What did those set you back?

Mohards are hands down the best Rad guards made.

They just lowered the price on them to $ 179.

Those do look nice. Is it weird that one reason I don't want to replace my X with a newer model or an R is because I have a nice set of Rooster Rad guards on it??

Those do look nice. Is it weird that one reason I don't want to replace my X with a newer model or an R is because I have a nice set of Rooster Rad guards on it??

Nope. Totally normal. I run the Roosters on my 250X. Can't seem to get the gumption to replace them. I would in a heartbeat if they would just fail. Sadly, they won't.

nothing like a nice set of Mohards!

they are the bee's knee's like they would say back in the day.

Can you use these with the factory plastic air guides, or do you eliminate them?

The debate goes on, if you eliminate the factory air fins, the machine runs at a hotter

temp. in tight technical woods stiuations.

What do you guys think that run these guards?

I am not running any fins on my 2004 250X with Rooster Racing Radiator Guards. The only time I notice any overheating is when I spend alot of time crawling around in 1st or 2nd gear in really tight trails. Honestly I do not think having the radiator fins would help in these situations because I have barely any forward speed and very little air flow.

I've been bummed since Rooster shut it's doors 'cuz they had a great product. I had them on my first X. I know the Flatlands are good (friend had 'em) and I've read the testimonies on Devol (even though they don't look very stout) I finially bit the bullet and ordered these from Mohard. I hope they fit as good as they look, the quality is outstanding!

rad002.jpg

Those are some nice guards.

Check out these guards that i am using.

These are bullet proof.

http://bulletproofdesigns.com/hondacrf.htm