Sign in to follow this  

throttle stuck open, and carb problem?!

okay well today i ripped apart my bike to clean the carb cause it was bogging when i would give it a quick twist of trottle, so i thought there was sum dirt in there cause last week i raced in the mud and i noticed my air filter bolt was missing and the air filter was flapping around in my air box. well i ripped the carb out and i looked into the intake and there was my air filter bolt! the washer cought against the sides just enough that it wouldnt hit my intake valves. so that must of been the problyem why it was bogging. so i cleaned the carb anyways with carb cleaner. when i put it back on i noticed my throttle stuck wide open.. so took of the plastic cover where the cable went in and lubed them, still nothing. so then i took the cables off then noticed the carb wont go up and down like it would open and you can see all the way through but it wont close by itself.. any ideas?

Sounds like your needle might be outside of the seat, which would make your carb slide stay wide open. Pull your subframe and airbox so you can look at the carb from the back and see if your needle is out of seat. Or your needle is crooked in the slide....