Sign in to follow this  

Connecticut CT registration for kfx400r

I am interested in registering an 03' klx400r for the first time i CT. I am looking for info from people that have registered bikes in CT that did not come from the manufacturer that way. My biggest issue is I only have a copy, front and back of the original title. Also the last 3 owners all have signed the back of if. I also have Q1 forms from the original owner all the way up to me. Is this enough or do I need the original title?

Edited by jdore25

I am looking for info from people that have registered bikes in CT that did not come from the manufacturer that way. My biggest issue is I only have a copy, front and back of the original title. Also the last 3 owners all have signed the back of if. I also have Q1 forms from the original owner to me. Is this enough or do I need the original title?

If the bike was registered in CT before = you will need a duplicate title, registration fees, taxes, and possibly inspection

If the bike was never reged in CT = you will need inspection, reg fees, vin check, taxes, ck CT.GOV website. It is really simple. there is also a number you can call and get exact info.

Thank you very much. A buddy of mine registered a ttr125 once before and he said it was a nightmare that ultimately took six weeks and 4 trips to and from wethersfield to finally get the bike registered. The bike is an 03' klx400r that has never been registered before. I am contemplating trading my cherokee for it but i do not have the time or extra cash to burn wasting time trying to register a bike that cannot be registered due to lack of original title. I understand and have been warned about how strict the inspection process is and that does not concern me as much as the lack of original title does.