Sign in to follow this  

electric start gone on ttr 125l

I brought my electric start ttr 125l into the shop and i need a new starter clutch. I have mediocre knowledge of bikes im 14 and cannot afford to pay 600 dollars to have them put it on. so i am buying one myself and putting it on any tips?

You need to first down load the TTR125 service manual and read through the process. Make sure you have the proper tools, and don't rush it. If you're unsure about something, ask for help. It would be wise to have someone with basic knowledge close by or helping, to make sure you don't break something else while you're trying to fix that.

What is wrong with the kickstarter? My wife got an 03 with an electric start this year but owned a 2002 kick start only ttr125 for several years and never had a problem kick starting it. She is 58 years old now.

What is wrong with the kickstarter? My wife got an 03 with an electric start this year but owned a 2002 kick start only ttr125 for several years and never had a problem kick starting it. She is 58 years old now.

Kicking works perfect, but i'm selling it to my cousin and i would like to get the electric going again for him... its his first bike

Tell him if he can't start it, he can't ride it.

That's what I was told as a kid, and at 12 I was riding a 350 thumper. Lots of folks laughed at me, standing on the kickstart jumping up and down to get past TDC.

I was 13 trying to start a YZ 400 (yes the old 2 stroke killer)... talk about a bike that was hard to kick start... You always made sure you had proper boots on, as the starter would sometimes kick back, right into your leg... and yes, it hurt like hell...