Sign in to follow this  

Airbox mod question

I just purchased a powerbomb header and the DJ jet kit. Can I install the jet kit and do the airbox mod and still keep the stock exhaust with the powerbomb header?

Since the bikes run so lean to begin with on a guess I would say you should be ok. Really though, your kinda working you're way backwards. I would guess most of the lost flow in the exhaust is due the silencer/muffler and not the header pipe. Like I said, and I'm no expert you might be able to get away with it but you'll want that muffler done ASAP.

Go for it! I may be trying out that combo myself.

I have a TM40, airbox mod, Power Bomb, I've gone through the GSXR and I've been running the FMF Q4 so long now I've re-packed it enough times to booger up the allen screws. One reason I'm thinking stock pipe is noise, and my old fogy friends don't say it but at times I can tell they're getting tired of riding with an obnoxious juvenile acting middle aged throttle pumping psycho who loves to hear the sound of his FMF. ......Joking

Seriously it is loud when you get on it and the re-packing is becoming a chore. After banging up my GSXR can off road (delicate skin) I figured my cans have to be crash proof like the FMF or stocker.

Go for it! The stock muffler is far from the biggest bottleneck to added performance on the DR650. That distinction alone is owned by the stock restrictive air box... not sure what benefit, if any, would be gained by going to the PB with a stock muffler... might even be a detriment. Your issue will be adapting the PB header outlet to the necked down stock muffler's inlet pipe.

Thanks guys. After I posted this I realized that I would have to adapt the stock exhaust to fit the powerbomb as mxrob said. Am going to research any cheaper but efficient exhausts. I will probably go with FMF somethins. Anyone have experiecne with the CZR exhausts?

Thanks guys. After I posted this I realized that I would have to adapt the stock exhaust to fit the powerbomb as mxrob said. Am going to research any cheaper but efficient exhausts. I will probably go with FMF somethins. Anyone have experiecne with the CZR exhausts?

Junk... not even worth the cheap investment from what I've seen posted.

I got a nice system for ya....

http://drriders.com/topic2239.html

Damn. I wish I waited. Already ordered the FMF. Will have to wait next time to see what you guts got before I place an order:bonk: Thanks

Why would you spend the money on the power bomb and jet kit and want to keep the stock exhaust? Get yourself a GSXR muffler, better flow , better sound without being to loud, and half the weight.