Sign in to follow this  

Gasket kit brand.

I'm about to put in an order for all the parts I'll need on my rebuild, but I have a question about the gasket kits.

I wanted to get pro-X, but the TT store doesn't sell their complete kits and I don't want to pay the extra shipping for just one item...

So that leaves me with Athena, Comtec, or Moose. It seems like everyone has a low opinion of Moose. Lots of guys were saying that Comtec was better than Athena, but then I red someone say that Comtec recently started going downhill.

What do you guys think? Should I just shell out the extra shipping for the ProX or get something else?

I think both the Athena and Cometic kits are similar in quality I do prefer the cometic kits cause I like thier base gaskets alot thier neopreme metal coated style cleans up so easy rarely does it leave any residue behind they athena was paper based with the like rubber gel sealer pieces on the bottom surface and the moose blah metal base with paper coating and the paper coating is to dry or something cause it sealed worth crap and leaked so never again I usually go with cometic.

Well, the linkage bearing kit I'm ordering is about the same price on the TT store as Rocky Mountain, so I think I'll just add that to the Pro-X kit on their site to get over the $99 threshold for free shipping.

I use moose I think never 1 problem. Probly done 15+ top ends never 1 problem. I like paper gaskets over the mettal ones but thats me. I think I used a few weisco kits. Eric just sends me what ever and I use it im not picky they all work just fine to me. I jam rags in my crank when I clean up the old gasket. easy cleanup. I have my top end apart every 40 hours so the paper gaskets hardly ever stick.