Sign in to follow this  

need a complete motor and bottom end

Hi all, i was looking around online for an entire motor and bottom end. The whole thing complete and ready to to bolt to the frame and go but i cant find anything online. Can you not find complete motors and bottom ends new or used online? Does anyone know of a website and about how much they would cost? My friend is a girl who knows nothing about bikes and i dont live anywhere near her to assist so i can only try and direct her by what i find online. Hope someone can direct me.

Thank you

You can get one of those new Chinese 150 or 200cc engines complete for less money then an overhaul on a Honda engine. The China motors are fine, it’s the chassis on them that’s junk. Be sure to get the over head cam type and not the pushrod type.

I would just pick up a used 230f off of craigslist, you can find them for as low as 1200, a new engine will cost you much more then that.

i would not put a chinese pos mill in a 230, thats just me.

They're out there....

I was looking for an engine to build my 270 stroker..

Bought a complete running '04 bike.. $650.

CRF150F-2.jpg

Edited by millwoodva

i would not put a chinese pos mill in a 230, thats just me.

I would! If anyone out there has a CRF150F or CRF230F with a trashed engine, I'm looking to buy it. I'll put a Chinese motor in it and ride it for 5 years just like the one I have now. 5 years with nothing but oil changes. Same spark plug even. Paid $400 for the engine. Try to over haul a Honda engine for $400.