03 XR250 won't start after valve adjustment

Sorry to make this my first post but I've been lurking for awhile. I've also took the time to search but didn't find anything that could help me. So here it is:

Took the bike out riding yesterday for 4 hrs. and once started the bike ran great. Rode it twice last week with no problem either.

Last night I adjusted the valves because they were never adjusted since new. The bike has fairly low hours on it. I recently bought the bike from a friend of mine which I why I know the history on the bike. After adjusting the valves and before starting it I decided to do the spark plug resistor mod as well. Put everything back together and it won't start. After playing with it I put the resistor back in to start eliminating problems. Still won't start. I checked for spark at the plug and I have spark.

Last night I checked the valves again and also adjusted the decompression lever. Plenty of slack in the lever. Still won't start. Tried to bump start it a couple of times and it won't start. Checked the valves again to make sure I didn't screw it up, still won't start. Used started fluid in the intake several times today and not even the slightest "pop". There is compression when trying to start it but it won't turn over.

The bike acts like it's not getting spark but I don't know what would be causing this. Please any help is greatly appreciated.

Completely redo the valves, as in back them off fully, and readjust the clearances. Then spin the motor over a couple times and recheck the clearances.

Have you cleaned the carby at all?

And one piece of advice: Mod/change one thing at a time whenever working on a bike. Makes going back way easier.

I checked the valves again this morning and I back them off completely then set back to factory specs. .004 intake and .005 ext. I even pulled a plug and stuck a pin down the hole to make sure the cylinder was on the compression stroke. Still no improvement. I replaced the spark plug cap this morning with a new one and still won't start. I just took it down a steep hill 1/4 mile long and nothing. I'm starting to think it's the coil or something else. I'm thinking it has to go to the dealer right about now cause I'm out of ideas. Any more suggestions?

Yes did rocker have some play? It is easy to get this wrong by 180.

Rockers had a little play before I adjusted them.

Just got back from checking the coil at the dealer. Everything checked out OK. I'm pulling my hair out now.

Edited by Woodworkingnw
update