Sign in to follow this  

Tires for pit bike

I know this is a noob question but, where can I get some decent street tires for my pitster. Both front and back are 3.00 12" it doesn't state the width and thickness because they are cheap Chinese tires. Any sites that you guys suggest? Im having a hard time to find some..Thanks

Mike

Dunlop 100/90-12s can be found HERE

Pirelli 110/100-12s can be found HERE

IRC 100/90-12s can be found HERE

It all depends on what you want to spend and what type of street riding you want to do. Ideally, the front rim should be a 2.15" minimum, and the rear rim should be a 2.50" minimum. I mounted the Dunlop TT92 on 1.85" rims front and rear with minimal mounting issues or bead seating problems.

thanks for the replies, really helped a lot

So all 12" tires for on 12" rims despite the width and thickness, am I right?

In theory, yes, a 12" tire will fit on a 12" rim, but it won't necessarily work. You would have an extremely hard time trying to mount a 120 or 130/70-12 tire on a 1.60" or 1.85" wide rim, due to the low sidewall profile. The bead would not seat right on such a narrow rim.

In theory, yes, a 12" tire will fit on a 12" rim, but it won't necessarily work. You would have an extremely hard time trying to mount a 120 or 130/70-12 tire on a 1.60" or 1.85" wide rim, due to the low sidewall profile. The bead would not seat right on such a narrow rim.

so what else size tire would fit on my 1.85 rim? right now i have 3.00 tires on them.

A set of 100/90 or 100/100-12s front and back should work for you, you don't really want to go any wider.