Sign in to follow this  

Cylinder wear on 03' YZ 250

I dont have pictures yet, I will have to get a couple to show what I am talking about on mine. But how normal is normal wear on Cylinder wall? I took my pipe off and looked up in there and I see some(as in maybe like 3 or 4 very thin vertical marks) vertical wear marks. The guy I bought it from did ride it in the sand allot. First thing I did was toss the old air filter and replace as well as clean the h** out of the airbox & intake boot and removed float bowl to inspect for sand. If anyone has pics they could post up of shots inside the pipe port to show "normal wear" I would greatly appreciate it so I could compare. Thanks.

does it have good compression? you wont beable to tell the wear just by looking inside unless a failure has already started really.

well whats the compression supposed to be? I have a compression tester but cant find exactely what the lbs are for good compression. Searching for it on here results in finding every thread and post with the word "compression" in it.....

Ok so I'm gonna go with something around 200-210 lbs of compression would be good? Thanks for feedback guys