Sign in to follow this  

Would i be able to handle it?

I'm 14 currently on the big 85's, and i want to know if i could handle the 250f in the motorcross sense of racing and some trails? The parents do not believe i can and i responded by begging to differ.

You could handle it if you have throttle control, they are actully pretty mellow and quick just depnds on how you control your right hand. I think you'd be better off on a 125 for a couple yr it will make you a better rider

I second that. A 125 will make you fast. My friend went from a kx 100 to a kx 250f and he was slow as hell. Then he got a yz 125 and he races B class now.

My ridding buddy (A class Rider) ditched his YZ250 for a YZ125 just for the purpose of learning some new control skills, learning how to really push a bike, he wishes he would have got a 125 earlier on for learning purposes alone. Now hes moving back up to the bigger bikes with some newly aquired skills. Deff the way to go. Plus 250f's are boring and blow up alot, not a fan of them to begin with.

Ah ok would the idea of a 150 2t be a good or bad one

The 150 idea is the best thing I heard here..... this learing thing everyone "clams" can be done on just about any bike... you just need to put forth the same effort...

ditch the 250F and get the 125!!!!! it will be harder to ride but you will be faster

Yeah, 125 is the best route for you in my opinion, and the maintenance will be by far better than a 250F, I used to own a 125 and never had a days trouble with it and it was a crappy old 1990 Honda cr 125, then I bought a 250F 6 months ago and all I seem to have been doing is friggin repairs and consistent maintenance, not to mention tyres.

The 125 is the way forward.

I say get the 125 to learn on, I bet you can handle the 250f, but your wallet might not be able to.:smashpc: