Sign in to follow this  

kdx250 front wheel

i just recently got myself a 92 kdx250 but the odometer drive isnt working doesnt seem to fit the rim.how can i tell if it is the stock rims or changed odometer drive.

thanks in advance

Maybe the drive is just worn out, or the cable is bad. Take the cable off with the wheel mounted. Spin the wheel and see if the guts turn.

Take the wheel off and look at the parts. The wheel should have something in the casting to grab the ODO drive, notches or blocks. If it doesn't, you have the wrong wheel.

ok thanks for the help,,turns out i have the wrong speedo drive looks like ill have to go hunting for the right one

The hub will have the tangs for the odometer drive if I remember correctly. You might be better off ditching the stock setup and going to a trailtech unit.

I just went to the local Kawasaki shop and it turns out the parts I want are discontinued (the american parts are available,but I dont want to risk buying them and have them not fit) anyone able to help me out in sourcing the right drive for a reasonable price.

thanks in advance