Sign in to follow this  

pw 80 revving very high

i recently took off the carb to clean out etc, i adjusted the tab on the float because fuel kept coming out the overflow at the bottom of the carb, so i got it right put it all back on, and started it up, and the thing runs at very high rpms, like the throttle is held wide open, but it is not, i tried adjusting the idle screw but no luck, any ideas? thanks in advance

ahhh 👍 i did not tighten the boots down ^^, i didnt want to tighten everything down and have to take it off again, so i just hooked up the fuel hoses and all, but didnt tighten down the intake boots, i didnt think it made a differance, now i do, thanks man :busted: when i get home ill give it a try :smashpc: thanks again

and also what is the wd 40 test? just curious

Tightened down them all, still running at very high rpms

is the slide installed backwards ive done this once, but realized it before i started the bike that could cause racing rpms when started

Yammablue22- alrdy tried that, no affect

Sasquatchsuzuki- ah ok, I was wondering how it went in lol, probably it, I'll give that a try and I'll let you know

yeah there should be a groove that goes up one whole side of the slide and a small notch on the other side make sure that groove is opposite the idle screw as the notch catches the idle screw and moves the slide up and down when you tweak the idle

ya tis all good, i put the throttle slide in the wrong way, and the bike was running way to lean, i just put a new jet in it, and its good to go