Sign in to follow this  

How to search on eBay.

When you type something in for a 2 stroke and a bunch of stuff comes up for a 4 stroke *** do you do? Tried searching for a hinson clutch for my YZ250(2 smoker) and all I got was YZ 250F stuff. Im sure I'm not the only one with this problem. How do you filter?

Pisses me off now that KTM released the new "500" EXC for 2012. Now when I am searching for KTM 500 data I keep coming up with this new 2012 four stroke BS. And it's only going to get worse as more people buy new KTM "500" 4-jokes. RRRRG.

I filter out the nonsense by keeping on scrolling. What a PITA though.

Try this:

Next to the search button, there is an "advanced" search you can click on. It opens a new window. You put in the keyword or keywords you want to search for like usual. Under that there is a field for "Exclude words from your search". Put 4t, 4 stroke, 250F, etc in that field and it will filter posts containing those words out.

ktm 500 4 stroke? thought they already made a 525 4 stroke?

I believe its the same motor, they just now call it a 500. They still have a 530 though.

Copy and paste.

hinson* yamaha* (yz250*, 250*) -(250f*, yzf*, yz250f*)

I'm running Hinson components and Wiseco plates. Very strong combo.

Say for example you searched for a CR250 pipe:

When you type that in, you end up with a bunch of CRF250 pipes also.

To exclude that CRF stuff, type it in as:

CR250 pipe -CRF -CRF250 etc...

Put a - in front of what you want to exclude.

This usually works well, but it's harder in your case with two bikes named the same. KTM500 v.s. KTM500...:smashpc:

Say for example you searched for a CR250 pipe:

When you type that in, you end up with a bunch of CRF250 pipes also.

To exclude that CRF stuff, type it in as:

CR250 pipe -CRF -CRF250 etc...

Put a - in front of what you want to exclude.

This usually works well, but it's harder in your case with two bikes named the same. KTM500 v.s. KTM500...:smashpc:

Hey I didn't know you could do that so easily. Good to know, thanks. It won't work for me though because they did make a KTM 500 EXC 2-stroke also that shares all of the same parts with my 500 MX and 500 DXC pretty much. They could have named the new one a 510 or something at least.

Another idea, hit control-F and then you can type whatever in the search bar that appears. It will still highlight YZ250F but if you were searching for CR250 pipes and you typed in CR250 you would NOT get CRF250 stuff. So, helpful with some things but not others. The advanced search functions mentioned are the best. It some cases they might omit things you want though.

Another idea, hit control-F and then you can type whatever in the search bar that appears. It will still highlight YZ250F but if you were searching for CR250 pipes and you typed in CR250 you would NOT get CRF250 stuff. So, helpful with some things but not others. The advanced search functions mentioned are the best. It some cases they might omit things you want though.

Thats odd, I get CRF pipes when I type CR250???

It's cause some sellers/stores do the keyword spamming on their listings.

You know the type, the same ones who also list 150+ of the same thing...:smashpc: