Sign in to follow this  

Minnesota We got all kinds of pills. That give us all...

kinds of thrills.

But the thrill we'll never know....

A local guy who got his picture on the cover of Dirt Rider organizes a sort of annual ride in October. That ride is this weekend in Akeley.

The ride is typically about 20 pretty fast riders (from about 35 to the low fifties) doing a trail ride and generally misbehaving thereafter. This event is not for everyone. One must be very tolerant of general misbehavior.

Other misbehaving folks can check out The Deal Classic. It is a three event race consisting of a Hare Scramble, a GP and a Moto. To place you must ride all three. They have two basic classes. Young guys and old guys. #33 decides how young you are.

Lots of riding this weekend.

The Deal is this weekend? Saturday or Sunday? I'm supposed to be stapling arrows to trees...

Shagger, did you attend akeley? Without knowing this, I went out to ride akeley for the first time this weekend. Ended up riding with them on Saturday. Good ride. Nice rocky trails.

I was there. We didn't ride in the main group. We did more or less the same ride you guys did on Saturday on Sunday. Some of the guys I ride with aren't large group riders.

I think riding with that particular group is pretty cool. Most of them ride about a the same pace so they don't get super stretched out.

Dust was an issue this year however.

We did a pretty cool ride on Saturday. We rode a couple of different trails to get to "Highway 61", the easternmost trail. Then we did the jungle back from the gravel pit. After that wee took the trail that I think you guys started on to get back.

Oly has a stock tank and that is about all the further his bike will go on it.