New Pro National in the South for 2012!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats been the rumor a national in the southeast. I hate to say it but I think the High Point national is done....to much going on in this area with all the gas wells and coal mining. Theres a huge coal mine only 2 miles down the road from high point. Its ashame, thats the track I choose to go to when nationals are in town. Guess I'll start making the drive to RedBud if High point closes up.

Thats been the rumor a national in the southeast. I hate to say it but I think the High Point national is done....to much going on in this area with all the gas wells and coal mining. Theres a huge coal mine only 2 miles down the road from high point. Its ashame, thats the track I choose to go to when nationals are in town. Guess I'll start making the drive to RedBud if High point closes up.

Actually I'm from WV and went to Hi-Point many times but I haven't made it up there in about 6 years. I now live in TN and I really miss going to Hi-Point. The Coombs family has a better relationship with the land owners at Steel City but Hi-Point is a better track. It's probably the roughest track i have ever raced at period.

If High Point is no longer holding a national, and you do decide to come up to Redbud. You will be witness to largest attended race on arguably the greatest track in the series. Redbud is MX heaven. I go every year to the nats, and i'll be riding the season wrap up race in 3 weeks at the annual Redbud grass race. Many pros are known to show up and have some fun racing too.

I guess Durhamtown in GA has an "interview".

What does that mean? There would have to be some major changes to Durhamtown to be able to host all the teams and 20,000 fans. This will never happen.

MAX!!!

Interview?

You mean they are being considered?

I remember about 10+ years ago Muddy Creek in Tn was rumored to get a national but they don't have the parking.

Yes, on Vital DC and the Durhamtown people were talking about DC going there for a visit. Makes since it's close to Atlanta and the Atlanta Supercross gets a huge crowd.

Camp Coker is the only place in SC with the parking to handle a national crowd and its been closed for a couple of years now. It was an awesome track though, but not a place I would want to hang out in the June July or August heat. If it could be an early natiional before Memorial Day then that would be cool.

I don't see that happening though as Florence is the only town with enough motel rooms and resturants to handle the crowds and its 30 minutes away. Besides Society Hill is speed trap of SC on top of that. That would just make it an even worse place for a national, with the local cops, their 35 mph speed limits in the middle of nowhere passing out speeding tickets.