Sign in to follow this  

426 or 250f

Well I have a few options... A friend is selling his 426 yamaha or I have a line on a couple 250f bikes for about $500 more? What would do better in the dunes and trail riding? The 250's are 05 models one Honda one kawi.

250Fs are all high maintenance machines...especially mid 2000s CRF250R/X's. The CRF250s are notorious for valve train issues. The 426 will have a hell of alot more power and those engines are low maintenance for the perfomance they provide. Ive owned a 99 YZ400 and I currently own a 2001 WR 426...its the same engine design...both good bikes. I would go with the 426.

Go with the 426. A little heavier but very low maintenance and it will smoke all newer 450's hands down. Great bike! I rode one for 10 years and just got rid of it and have regreted ever since.

Go with the 426. A little heavier but very low maintenance and it will smoke all newer 450's hands down. Great bike! I rode one for 10 years and just got rid of it and have regreted ever since.

An old 426 will smoke a new 450? I think your getting ahead of yourself....

I don't think he is my old 11 year old bike still holds it's own against the newer ones.

OP I would go with the 426 you will not regret it

• Like 1

My buddy has an 00 426 and has taller gears than my 07 450 and i still think his bike has more power than mine. those things were animals.:smashpc:

You aren't even old enough to know about the mighty 426. Oh wait your in Oregon, most places you can ride there you dont even hit the rev limiter. The new Kawi may be the only one that can beat it. Unless you have one of those you don't know what your talking about! :smashpc:

Shortbed you are goin to love it. Just get the starting sequence down or else she wont come to life. Top dead center, use decompression to go slightly past TDC, then give her one big kick and she will start everytime. If you wreck or fall over use the hot start.

Edited by Mahony

My buddy has an 00 426 and has taller gears than my 07 450 and i still think his bike has more power than mine. those things were animals.:smashpc:

I have a 02 426f and have to agree, they pull. Ive heard countless times people saying 426's rip harder than their 450's. Even if they arent faster, they feel faster because they have a mean "hit" that the mellower , smoother new 450's dont have

mate my brother has a 426 and it has balls, i say get a 426 she will lift every gear, they start first kick aswell