Sign in to follow this  

Motocross Pro stock class now

Bubba could buy a showroom 2012 KXF, call Mitch and have a motor in a few days. Whip out his check book and have A-kit stuff from KYB in a few days. Go test a few days and set up the bike. He could win with that bike. He's good enough. Or he could be a douche and just dance around and make alot of noise. Racers race, douches .......well you get the point. Reply With Quote

Funny how JS7 one of the best riders in the world, needs to have a bike blown up by the likes of a pro circuit in order to have a real chance to win.Whats that say for the privetier who either cant afford completely reworked motors and fifteen thousand dollar forks. This sport is screaming for a PRO STOCK CLASS ! Even the playing field lets see who wins then.

I agree with your first statement all the way. For someone with the cash Bubba's got he could probably afford a competitive setup with the money in his couch cushions. Its sad that you don't see that kind of dedication in these racers. Kind of like how its sad our top level dudes didn't race in the USGP at Glen Helen. You could argue he could stand to loose a lot of money because he wouldn't have any kind of team contract but I bet if he starts winning the sponsers would start to line up.

As your the Pro stock thing, Its top level racing man, expensive unobtainable stuff is part of the game if you ask me. I don't buy either that John Q privateer on a factory bike is as fast as Villopoto, Dungey or Stewart or vice a versa. I think that affording a bike capable of qualifying for a national is still probably a drop in the bucket compared to what it would take compared to any professional form of auto racing.

Bubba could buy a showroom 2012 KXF, call Mitch and have a motor in a few days. Whip out his check book and have A-kit stuff from KYB in a few days. Go test a few days and set up the bike. He could win with that bike. He's good enough. Or he could be a douche and just dance around and make alot of noise. Racers race, douches .......well you get the point. Reply With Quote

Funny how JS7 one of the best riders in the world, needs to have a bike blown up by the likes of a pro circuit in order to have a real chance to win.Whats that say for the privetier who either cant afford completely reworked motors and fifteen thousand dollar forks. This sport is screaming for a PRO STOCK CLASS ! Even the playing field lets see who wins then.

:smashpc:

I dont see a need for a pro stock class

put a privateer on a factory bike, i doubt his results would improve that much, if at all.

In one of the mags they asked if you could have factory suspension or motor most of them said suspension, there were also comments on the new bikes being really good stock now in a different article or podcast relating to being competitive.

I think what some miss is the components to build a pro level bike are available even in a package form from the top builders such as Pro Circuit with enough cash....but what the big difference between the factory & top teams like Pro Circuit and every one else is the technical/engineering support (Man power with knowledge & tools) to both understand the physics enough to make the subtle adjustments to suit the rider and if necessary to build a part here and there to optimize the bike to the rider & track real time during a season....that support takes technical people and they cost money...lots of it. That combined with the parts & bike supply to test..test..and test some more with that team means mega bucks. Cost money to have that level of technical & material support. Its not like they build one "special" "factory" bike and run it for a season, they evolve a system.

I dont see a need for a pro stock class

put a privateer on a factory bike, i doubt his results would improve that much, if at all.

I just have to say,and I mean no disrespect to anyone with a different opinion. But I'm sick and tired of hearing how a privateer in pro AMA racing wouldn't benefit much if he was given a factory bike over his stock modified. If it's all rider talent at this level then, the ones fast enough to get chosen by a factory team who are already faster than most of their competitors, definitely get an unfair advantage as soon as they get abroad a factory bike. If they are such superior riders, why do they need twenty thousand dollar forks? could it be because it help's to make the fastest guy even faster, ya I think it does. Imo

isnt that pretty much what they did with Kyle Regal ........ kinda makes your point valid

Guys with big talent are spotted all the time and given support. They just happen to be 8,

12 or 14 years old.