snowbikes and lights

Hi Guys.

I wanted to share some of the conversations I have every year with snowmobilers.. Being a snow biker for the last 4 seasons I can tell you this really affects us more than the sleds..

Often mod sled owners will pull their lights off to save a bunch of weight from the stock hood. Thats great.. but many forget about what can happen on the mountain..

Every year I talk to guys who get caught without sufficient light for whatever reason, a break down, a few stucks, or getting lost and ending up in the dark with no lights.. They are talking to me to late, and they wont let that happen again. They either got lucky and got off the hill safely or spent the night on the mountain..

Don't let yourself get caught like this. Our MX bikes are sometimes difficult to get decent lights on, I see guys riding all the time with no worries.. It a matter of time before they get caught by one of the above mentioned issues, It has happened to myself more than once, But I always carry a helmet light in my pack..Spending the night on a mountain can be a life and death situation. There are great options from Cyclops with battery or bike powered helmet lights to bike and/or battery powered headlights. There are also good products from other American companies. Off course we hope you will give us a strong consideration, but please do look after yourselves and take the precautions you should.

Besides that Night riding in the snow Is an absolute Blast!!

I am getting a Timbersled Mtn Horse for a KX450 and in need of some sort of light, what helmet light do you recommend or is there a good battery powered bike mounted unit ?

Thanks for asking..

Our Solstice HID puts out the highest output. It is the most popular with 24hr racers and what most prefer.Its all I use for lighting on my Single ski.. check out this video.

http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/?page=videos&id=1

If your going with the new FI KX you can run the NXG LED pods straight from the Dc power available on the bike.

Dont let the size fool you.. these have won many races..

One NXG is brighter than any stock light on any bike.

http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/?page=products&id=82

with a battery and two lights, switch, etc..

http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/?page=products&id=84

I also would like to mention or ask everyone to take a avy course..

It could be the smartest thing you have ever done..

I would like to have a light I keep in my pack or bike bag that is a just in case light for getting out late or emergency and can be battery operated, what is a good option ?

For an emergency light.. this one works great.runs 4hrs on high, 8hrs on low and has a strobe function.

If we know you are on a MC we include a set of 3m dual lock to replace the Mountain bike helmet straps.

http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/?page=products&id=96

For riding like its daylight, Ie boondocking, jumps, and hillclimbs this is the ticket.

http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/?page=products&id=1

That Adventure light is what I was looking for and looks like I can put in on my bars or store it away when not in use . Im going to order one up and tell my other friends that are getting into snowbiking

Thanks. It will work on the bars, if you place it in the center. It has a pivot up and down, but not side to side..also works well for a helmet mount, make sure we know you are using it for MCs so we include the dual lock.. It will work fine for getting you off the mountain..

I am also sure you will find many more uses for the ADV LED

• 2 weeks later...

I just recieved my Cyclops Adventure light and have tried it out side in dark and I am very impressed with how bright it is for its size, the battery is compact and all the components look like they are well made. Can't wait to try it out this winter snowbiking ! Thanks Cyclops for all your help with selection of a light that fit my cryteria.

I just recieved my Cyclops Adventure light and have tried it out side in dark and I am very impressed with how bright it is for its size, the battery is compact and all the components look like they are well made. Can't wait to try it out this winter snowbiking ! Thanks Cyclops for all your help with selection of a light that fit my cryteria.

Thanks!! Im glad your happy.. and Really thanks for setting us up with a new Dealer:thumbsup:

will your solstice system tap into power on a 2011 yz450f?

The Solstice takes 30 watts of DC power. I would not recommend attempting to plug into your efi, we have done that with the lower power draw LEDs, but 30 watts is most likely to much..

I dont really think you would want to be plugged into your bike,Most riders that purchase the machine powered light end up coming back for batteries at a later date.. having the battery pack in a Jacket pocket or camel back/backpack works much better. Having light when your bike is not running is a big bonus..