updated pics: 96 Yz 250

Got another order of parts in today and Im pretty excited... thought Id update the looks of the 96 a little since the 08 still has the blue theme and will get a makeover this winter probably. I think it looks pretty good:thumbsup:

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

With graphics installed.

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

Next step is to trim side panels to slim the bike up even more:

What do you guys think so far? :smashpc:

at first i didn't like the looks without the graphics but once you put them on it turned out nice. Those dirty hubs and spokes are bothering me:smirk:.

lol ur telling me... theyre killing me too. Im trying to justify spending the money on some new wheels but at 1000+ its tough to do. But on a 96 IDK that I really care that much.

Anyone know of anything that will clean them up?

PC supposedly weakens the hubs because of the heat which is why anodizing is a better option. Paint is not an option because they will look like total crap after the first ride.

Ive thought about the wheels a few times but I dont know that its worth it to drop any significant money into a 14 year old bike.

Yea... I do:bonk: Haha it never even crossed my mind. Thanks man! How much effort did it take to lace em back up with the PC? Or did they do a good job of blocking off the holes?

I haven't laced them up yet just pressed in the bearings. They did a decent job blocking off the holes and the spokes fit in fine.

I haven't laced them up yet just pressed in the bearings. They did a decent job blocking off the holes and the spokes fit in fine.

Cool... thanks for the tip. Cant believe I didnt think ab out soda blasting. Keep us informed on how the lacing goes. It might be a viable option, the heat involved in PC'ing worries me a little though.